Salt of the Earth: 2018 World Salt Symposium is organized by the Salt Institute, in cooperation with several other salt organizations around the world, and will be held in Park City, Utah, USA on June 19-21, 2018. It is the tenth in a series of symposia since 1962, when the first meeting was held in Cleveland, Ohio, USA. A full list of the previous symposia is available here.
The World Salt Symposium focuses on the latest research and development in the international salt sector. It covers a wide spectrum of subjects embracing the science, engineering, technology, economics and history of all forms of sodium chloride salt and related evaporites. As a broad international platform, the Salt of the Earth: 2018 World Salt Symposium will enable researchers, producers and users of salt to become acquainted with the latest developments and technologies in this important industrial area. By combining a scientific symposium with the opportunity to meet with internationally renowned experts and associations, the Salt of the Earth: 2018 World Salt Symposium (WSS2018) will present a highly functional and diversified opportunity.
The theme of the World Salt Symposium 2018 is: “Salt of the Earth” and the technical sessions will be grouped into three main tracks:
Salt Production; including, but not limited to, issues such as:
- Geology and Geochemistry
- Salt Sources and Occurrences
- Salt Extraction Technologies
- Production Safety
- Applications and Coproducts
- Processing, Analysis and Quality Assurance
- Energy and Economics
Salt and Health; including, but not limited to, issues such as:
- Salt and Health Outcomes
- Iodized Salt for IDD Elimination
- Salt Metabolism
- New Health Applications
Salt, Safety and the Environment; including, but not limited to, issues such as:
- New Developments in Environmental Data
- Developments in Best Winter Maintenance Practices
- Developments in other Application Practices
- Salt in History and Culture
Call for Papers and Key Dates
Prospective authors are invited to submit abstracts in satisfactory English (maximum of 450 words, Arial 12 point font, single spacing, 1 inch margins) of their original research contributions or practical experience electronically to: email@example.com Attention: Scientific and Technical Subcommittee.
All papers will be reviewed by at least two members of the Scientific and Technical Subcommittee. If abstracts are accepted, authors will be asked to submit their completed papers to the Technical Committee. Accepted papers will be presented orally at the Symposium and published in the conference proceedings.
Abstracts of papers with more than one author should indicate who is the main corresponding author. As the papers will be presented orally, the presenting author of the paper must be registered for the conference; otherwise the paper and presentation will be withdrawn from the Symposium and the Proceedings.
- Full Paper Submission Deadline: July 31, 2017
- Full Paper Approval and Notification Deadline: December 4, 2017
- PowerPoint Submission Deadline: April 30, 2018
Abstracts and full papers should be with the following format:
- Language: English ONLY
- Page size: letter 8.5×11 inches
- Page margins: 1 inch or 2.5 centimeters on all sides
- Letter type: Arial 11
- Letterhead on all pages: Institution, Company, Researcher and Title
- Paper Title: immediately after the letterhead, centered and in Arial Bold 12 letter type
- Paper Track: the main researcher will have to choose and specify under the title one of the three tracks in which he or she would like the paper to be reviewed, the Scientific and Technical Subcommittee reserves the right to reassign it
- Abstract: will follow the title and the paper classification and should be no more than 1 page in length
- Keywords: no more than six words, no phrases are allowed
- Body of the paper: should present research contributions or practical experience reports and be no more than 2,700 words in length
- Conclusions: should be no more than 300 words in length
- Footer: page number and contact information (telephone and e-mail)
- Papers will only be considered if they follow the format here described
- Submission: electronic submissions must be in the form of Word documents via e-mail
- Paper and PowerPoint Presentation templates will be available at the website for download
Oral presentations during the symposium will be grouped along the three tracks, each with a 15-minute time duration, including Question & Answer. The venue will provide computing facilities and video projectors for PowerPoint presentations, requirements must be submitted together with the final version of the paper.
We strongly advise selected authors to bring your presentation on a memory stick. It is expected that authors presenting will contact the computer system facilitators at least 30 minutes before their session commences.
Please circulate this Call for Papers to your colleagues and fellow researchers. We look forward to your contribution and to seeing you at the Salt of the Earth: 2018 World Salt Symposium.
Secretariat Organizing Committee
405 5th Ave. South
Naples, FL 34102
Attn: Scientific and Technical Subcommittee
- Producers, consumers, researchers, exporters and importers of salt, their byproducts and derivatives
- Associations and organizations related to the salt sector
- Universities and colleges interested in participating in any of the 3 highlighted tracks
- Government entities and institutions interested in participating in any of the 3 highlighted tracks