Membership in the Salt Institute is restricted to companies that produce and sell sodium chloride (salt producers). There are two classes of salt producer members:
- Regular members are U.S. based salt producers.
- Associate members are salt producers based outside the United States. Associates can be invited to become regular members if they have significant North American market presence.
Member benefits include:
- Full access to a knowledgeable and hard-working staff
- Staff research assistance in our massive in-office TechData Center library
- Eligibility to attend the Salt Institute annual meeting (and any special meetings)
- Access to the Members-only portion of this website, including
- Searchable archives of SI Report back to 1996
- Full access to the members-only TechData Center Online (key documents)
- Participation in the Salt Institute safety recognition program
- Participation in Salt Institute technical and policy-developing Working Groups
- For regular members: CEO membership on governing CEO Council
Membership dues are based on salt sales in the U.S. and Canada.
- Regular members dues are based on U.S. sales. Members report U.S. salt sales semi-annually to the Institute's accounting firm which maintains these reports in confidence and administers quarterly dues invoicing. Minimum dues for regular members are $12,000.
- Associate member dues are also based on U.S. sales. Associate members selling less than 100,000 tons in the U.S. market pay the minimum dues of $5,000.